Wednesday, October 10, 2007

CC1 Week 9



This patch was slightly more difficult to understand, it took me a good hour and a half to figure out what was going on with the preferences settings. And it took me a lot of tweaking, it wasn't as easy to set up as originally thought. But once again bidule has surprised me and shown how powerful this piece of software really is.

Instead of using Live i used Cakewalk Project 5, which is a similar sequencing, sampling program that uses ReWire. I had problems using Live with ReWire, plogue wouldn't recognise it as a ReWire application.

In Project 5 I used a bunch of VST instruments with my MIDI keyboard and played some little contrapuntal like melodies with a few different instruments ReWired through a bunch of delays and flange to create the final, psychedelic, trippy sounds.

View the bidule and hear my samples with the Box widget in the top right corner of the screen.

References:

Haines, Christian. Lecture 4/10/07 "Creative Computing." Adelaide University.


Beaulieu, Sebastien; Trussart, Vincent; Viens, David 2007, Bidule v0.92 user manual,
Plogue, viewed 11/1 2007, http://www.plogue.com/.

Ableton 2006, Live Digidesign Edition Owner's Manual, Ableton, viewed 11/1 2007,
http://www.ableton.com/.

1 comment:

Darren S said...

Hear what you're saying, Plogue is powerful stuff, a combination of what you know technically and how active your imagination is ... I feel like I am at tip of iceberg!