Wednesday, October 22, 2008

CC2 Sem 2 Week 9 (10)


I have to admit, I'm quite lost with this whole FFT thing, i think i really need to go over some of my old lecture notes. I understood it in Bidule, but MSP is a whole other level, i understand that it translates the samples over a list like output, but manipulating that is very difficult. Anyway, here's my patch. I simply multiplied two signals together using coltopol and poltocol, attenuating uncommon amplitudes and accenting common ones. Ive also included individual playback volumes to change the timbre and avoid clipping. Enjoy!


Check it out in the box widget

References:

Haines, Christian. Lecture. "MSP FFT." Adelaide University.
Cycling'74 2006, MSP Tutorials and Topics,<http://www.cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/ProductDocumentation>.

No comments: