Tuesday, May 27, 2008

CC2 Week 10


Ive played around with the bpatcher object to create moving user interface. To do this I've created bpatchers within a bpatcher. This is something similar to what i'll be doing for my assignment. The splash screen is something quite simple, but its quite effective. I was reading about using .mov files. I will definitely explore this, video tutorials perhaps? I tried using the graphic object to create some visualizations that work with MIDI data, but i haven't had any luck. I'll have a closer look at this sometime over my holidays, visualizations are something im interested in. Its a great way to experience music.

Unzip the files and run Main Patch.pat to check it out.

References:

Haines, Christian. "Interface Design." Lecture 22/5/08. Adelaide University.

"Chapter 5 - Interface Design". P71-78. Winkler, Todd 2001, Composing Interactive
Music: Techniques and Ideas Using Max, The MIT Press.

Cycling'74 2006, Max Tutorial, 11/1/2007,
http://www.cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/ProductDocumentation

No comments: