Tuesday, May 8, 2007

CC1 Week 8


I must admit that i didn't learn much more this week, just about the existence of the two programs "Sound Hack" and "FScape." I was frustrated that FScape didn't work, because i believe that my sound scape would have benefited from the frequency separation. I was very excited about the prospect of actually creating a real instrument, not just a sample activator, but didn't achieve this because of FScape.

I lengthened all my samples by various amounts, to a degree that i believed a useful sound was created. My favourite being one that i stretched to about 500%. This sound you can hear when a very low note is produced, however it is used throughout to give the sound scape a feeling of movement, not just one sound after the other.

This time i had no problems using the Keyboard because i knew what i was doing with the audio midi setup and Reason's setup. All smooth sailing this time and i cant wait till i use the sampler with the keyboard again.

http://www.mydatabus.com/public/loudman/z/Soundscape3samplerSoundHack.mp3

1 comment:

Darren S said...

Really nice, Doug. Sound like you are developing a feel for composing on this technology. My only issue? Crank it, baby! As I mentioned to Laura, last step - jam mp3 into sample editor (Audacity) and crank the gain til just below red. Export that as mp3 and post. I like.