Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Forum Week 7

My turn this week. I wanted to go first last week because my topic was very general, however the first presentation by Ben set the theme for the week much better than I could have with my approach to the topic. Firstly this topic was very hard to get your head around, even after doing the presentation it still baffles me. I must commend Ben's composure and preparedness for this topic, he clearly showed the most professionalism in him talk.

Amy's focal argument was something that I had never thought of during my investigation into the topic. The question of whether the topic is actually relevant, which, after listening to her, is a totally valid point; I don’t believe it really matters. It's not about statistics, its about skill and ability and creativity, does it matter what sex the person in question is?

The final presentation on Bjork reaffirmed my opinion of Bjork as a modern "contemporary" music technologist. Personally sheer music doesn’t appeal to me, but I can see her brilliance and skill in her style of music. She really has thrown herself into the technological art forms. I.e. music, film, music video. She is a representative of the modern technological art form.

No comments: